Tuesday 7 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Broke And The Bookish.


Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun



Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins): This book is sweet, funny and unlike other books, has Etienne St Clair as the male lead *swoon*. Set in France, this book is a delightful get-a-way from reality.


Ella Enchanted (Gail Carson Levine): I read this as a young teen and still love this book. It centers around a young girl Ella who has been 'gifted' by a fairy which has causes her to obey anyone's commands.  This book is a nice light read, full of magic and romance; a retake on the classic Cinderella story.


Holes (Louis Sachar): This is a classic. I can't even count how many times I have read this book, but I absolutely love it. This is a great adventure story, about a boy sent to a camp for 'naughty' boys to build character, and how he uncovers the truth about camp Greenlake, and his family's curse.


Any book by Sara Dessen: So Sara Dessen is amazing, almost everything she has written I have enjoyed immensely. She just has a great way of writing, that makes it easy for you to relate to the characters.


Beastly (Alex Flinn): Again another retake on a fairytale (I'm a big fan of these), this time beauty and the beast set in modern day New York. (Any of Alex Flinn's books could be on here really)


The Future of Us (Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler): I read this in a day. The premise is so enticing, who wouldn't want to be able to glance in to their own future and see what's in store for them?


Graffiti Moon (Cath Crowley): Short fast paced read, about a young girl who is fond of a mysterious graffiti artist no-one knows the identity of, and how she finds out the guy she was least expecting, may be the boy she's been looking for all along.


The Ghost and the Goth (Stacey Kade): Kind of predictable, but fun read. About the popular girl who dies and becomes a ghost and the only person she can communicate with is the loser loner boy she's made fun of her entire life.


Dare Truth or Promise ( Paula Boock): This was my first ever LGBT book, and I have been a fan of the genre ever since. The book was such an eye-opener for me and I hold it close to my heart, since I had a close friend who had just come out to me. This book is an easy page turner, full of 'forbidden' love.


Blood and Chocolate (Anette Kurtis Klaus): A female werewolf falls for a human boy, while also being pursued by the Alpha male of her pack. Pretty steamy, fast-paced read.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...