Thursday 9 May 2013

The Book Detective (2)

This meme is called The Book Detective. It's a new meme hosted by the lovely Kim@ Divergent Gryffindor where we post books that we have read and would recommend to others under the categories provided each week. This is a way for us to share our favorites, recommend it, and also for us to find our next favorite reads under the categories we like.

The topic for today is your favorite MYTHOLOGY BOOK/SERIES 


 I've been a huge fan of mythology, (mostly ancient Greek) since I did Classical Studies at high-school, many moons ago. So when I found the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, it was insta-love. This is a great mythology series, with its main focus on the Greek Gods. The books are full of adventure and involve many escapades involving the main character and his two best friends. The series consists of 5 books and they are an easy light read, that are great if you don’t want something too heavy and thought provoking. However don't be fooled by  the child friendly cover, as this book is awesome at all ages.

If your looking for a slightly mature read however, I would suggest Brodie Ashtons 'Everneath' series. Which is still about Greek Mythology, but more specifically Hades, and the Underworld. Plus the cover is gorgeous!!  


Do you have any suggestions for Mythology Books or Series? Do you have any favorites?



4 comments:

  1. I love Percy Jackson! I want to read Everneath but I'm not sure if I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Percy too! I didn't know Everneath is about Greek myth too! I'll need to check that out next time I visit a bookstore :)

    Thanks for participating! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to reading the Everneath series, they're on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read Everneath!! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...