Friday 6 February 2015

Feature and Follow (15)


Here's this weeks question:

 

Do you read more than 1 book at a time, and if so, how, like a certain amount of pages per book before moving on to the next one in the queue?

It's funny that this is the question this week, because I have been contemplating this a lot. I have always been a monogamous reader...that is until recently. I use to only allow myself to read one book, and even if I wasn't enjoying it I would struggle through it, or worse stop reading for a while till I was back in the mood to finish it. I don't know why I did this, maybe I was afraid that I'd get books/characters mixed up, I don't know. Recently, though I have started reading multiple books at once, usually no more than 2 or 3 at a time, and it's actually made reading more enjoyable. I'll usually start reading a 2nd book, if I start to get a little bored of the first one or if there's a book I'm just really pumped to read. Overall I feel like I actually read more this way and I almost always go back to the book that I started to finish it :)


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I kind of love it when you can mix and blend genre's, while reading more than one book and switching over from one to another can sort of give you a little bit more of a break from one you're reading if it's too emotionally intense or whathave you. :)

    New follower!

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, I'll be sure to check out your blog :)
      I honestly can't believe I stayed book-monogamous for so long haha. I'm really like being able to switch up between books depending on my mood, and being able to take a break without forcing myself to keep reading a book I'm just bot feeling.

      Delete
  2. I do that sometimes too. Usually it's two different genres. So if I get tired of one, I have another one depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also try and read to different genres at a time, otherwise I don't think my brain could cope haha. Like you said it also means more variety depending on what I'm in the mood for :)

      Delete
  3. I'm becoming a polygamous bitch when reading, I always have two or more with me and I'm not even sorry about it :D

    Followed, check out my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I coming to the realization that polygamy in the book world is something most people do. I can't believe I waited so long to try reading more than one book at once!
      Thanks for following, I'll definitely check out your FF:)

      Delete
  4. The more you read, the more your brain will adapt to the information. Soon you'll find that you can keep the plots of 2 or even 3 books completely separate in your head.

    New GFC follower x

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not having too much trouble reading 2 books at the moment, but I usually make sure they are from different genres. I think I might start getting lost if I read 2 contemporary books haha.
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  5. I'm the same, I always take my tabet to work so I can read on my lunch break. So much easier than carrying a heavy book around. That's usually how I end up reading more than 1 book at a time haha.
    Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out your FF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...