Tuesday 8 September 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (25)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Broke And The Bookish.

Finished Series I have Yet to Finish


These are by no way the only series I have yet to finish, but the only ones I feel like owning up to haha. I have a terrible problem of starting series and never getting around to finishing them. By the time I actually decide I want to finish the series, I usually need to go back and read the whole series again. 

    

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)Twilight (Twilight, #1)Twilight
I honestly don’t have much of a problem with this series, but the hype got so big around it at one point that it put me off finishing the last one. I really want to go back and finish it though (even though I know what happens).

Hunger Games
So Hunger Games suffered at the same fate as Twilight for me. The over-hype around it got so much that I lost interest in it. I only have Mockingjay to read though and I did really enjoy the books, so I might add it to my Summer TBR.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)


Mortal Instruments
So the main reason I haven’t finished this series, is that it got a little long winded for me. The first 3 were the best in my opinion. I originally went into it thinking it was only a trilogy but then 3 more books appeared. I think I got about half way through the 5th. I do really need to go back and reread from the last 3 books on, just so I can say I’ve finished it and finally have some closure.

Shatter Me
I wasn’t blown away by the first book to be honest, and it was a while till the sequel, so it just kind of got forgotten about. But I know a lot of people enjoyed the series as a whole, so it is my mission to 
finish it.

Chemical Garden
I really enjoyed the first 2 books in this series and devoured them at an incredible pace. But once the final book was released I heard that the last book was heart breaking and a lot of people were upset with the ending, so I put it on the back burner.

Harry Potter
Ok so this a big confession. I have not read the last book in the series….but I feel I have a very valid reason, so please don’t hate me. My reason, despite how silly it sounds is that I’m not ready to give up that part of my childhood. I feel once I’ve read the last book, it’s all over. They’re no more adventures to look forward to, and I’m just not ready for that.     

What series do you still need to finish? 

6 comments:

  1. I have not finished the chemical garden or shatter me series either but I do plan on it one day! Aussiebookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I would definitely finish the Shatter Me trilogy. Book 2 is SO good and it gets way more about their super powers than about the romance. (though annoyingly it is back to romance in book 3, sigh) But still the world is pretty cool. A lot gets explained. I also would say finish the Chemical Garden series because I felt like book 2 and 3 were great. and DUDE, I hear ya on The Mortal Instruments. I read books 1-3 when it WAS a trilogy and felt like "yay this is awesome" and then she tacked on 3 more books! sigh!

    My TTT http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-finished-series-i-have-yet-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got up the the 5th book in TMI but I was told that I should read the TID books first before continuing so I wait to do those.

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-finished-series-to-finish/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read The Hunge Games although I've enjoyed the movie- I'm not sure why I haven't been more excited about the books. I did read the first two Divergent books after seeing the movie- not sure why I haven't with HG...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twilight and Hunger Games both got too hyped up for me too. I finished the series but I didn't enjoy the last book in either as much as I thought I would. And I can appreciate your reason for not finishing Harry Potter. But I really loved the last book. Hope you read it one day. The great thing is we can always reread the entire series without waiting for the next book to come out, right? :)

    Check out my TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-10-tuesday-10-finished-series-i-have-yet-to-finish/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll let HP slide because of your reasoning ;) We share Twilight My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...