Monday 6 November 2017

Wrap Up (many, many months)



Finished 

Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2) By Your Side Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

In Real Life Plain Truth Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

Alex, Approximately The Fault in Our Stars Wesley James Ruined My Life

Brave New World Apeshit   Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (Paper Girls, #1) Paper Girls, Vol. 2 (Paper Girls, #2)
  
So over the last couple...OK, OK, like 6 months I've dabbled in all sorts with my reading. I tried for the first time Bizarro fiction which wasn't altogether unpleasant. Definitely different and something I feel many readers that follow here probably haven't looked into before. Apeshit was kind of a mix of a terrible D-grade 80's horror movie. So absurd that it wasn't really scary, but lived up to it' namesake of bizarro fiction. There were definitely some WTF am I reading moments, and I was kept on my toes more due to the sheer nature of what insane debased thing the writer was going to come up with next than the actual scariness. Overall though it wasn't bad, and if you want to something a little (read ALOT) different I'd give it a go. 

I also went back and re-read the first 2 volumes of Paper Girls, and am awaiting the 3rd to come in at the library. My love for Brian K. Vaughan only grows with each new graphic novel I read of his. Ofcourse, I felt in the mood for a short classic at some point, and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley it was. I imagine it's along the same lines as 1984 by George Orwell (which I have still yet to read) and deals with a dystopian society in which the civilians are regulated meticulously in order to function at their most optimal. 

Jodi Picoult has always been a favorite of mine, and I was not disappointed reading Plain Truth, about an Amish family who are caught in a police investigation regarding the death of a newborn infant. The story seemed well researched and the insights into Amish life were intriguing, not to metnion the suspense in finding out what really happened.

Other honorable mentions, THRONE OF GLASS series, OMG. Ok I'm pretty late to the party on this one, I read the first book a few years back and didn't continue on (There's something wrong with me, I know) but wow, the emotional rollercoaster just in the first 2 books... and I just no there is more to come, my heart can't take it.!

Up Next In November

  What to Say Next Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)


Other Updates 

I'm still loving Instagram, AGAIN I was a bit late to the party on this one, and only really started up this year with my Instagram account. It's a bit of a mishmash of things, boos obviously, but also food, nature and lots of animals.

Wedding planning has actually started...relative style and colors have been settled, budget set (if we can stay within it). For the mot part I think we've decided on a little place that was a vinyard but is now an arts centre. They have a cute little church onsite for the ceremony and we're going to rent this old rustic barrel store for the reception. The only fallback is that it's going to be alot of DIY, which is great because I can get my creative juices flowing and pinterest is a great help, but time constraints is going to be my biggest problem.

If you have any book reccomendations or even better, wedding advice. I would love to hear it. Until next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...