Tuesday 9 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (5)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Broke And The Bookish.


Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations


Best

Hunger Games
I thought the movie stuck pretty close to the book...yes there were a few changes, but they weren’t deal breakers in  my opinion.

Warm Bodies
I felt the movie was much more light-hearted and funny than the book making it more enjoyable. The book was Ok, but unlike the masses I wasn’t that impressed with it. 

Coraline
I liked that the movie had the addition of Wybie, who wasn’t in the book. But overall Love the book, Love the movie. Enough said. 

The Princess Bride
I enjoyed the movie so much more than the book. The actors were so well chosen, and even though there are some obvious flaws with the movie, it is still one of my favourites that I watch now and again when I’m feeling nostalgic.

The Notebook
I don’t even know what to say. This movie was just amazing, and even to this day after watching it a dozen times it still makes me cry, I just didn’t get those feels from the book. Has your boyfriend been ‘notebooked’ yet?


Worst


My sisters Keeper
The ending was pure rubbish. I understand that they probably wanted the movie to have a happy ending, but the original ending in the book was SO much better.

Water for Elephants
                The movie was way to drawn out. I found myself fast forwarding whenever I could.

Holes
The movie just did not compare to the book. Its been a while since I’ve seen the movie, but I remember there being some major scenes and people missing which I felt disappointed with. 

Sisterhood of the Travelling pants
Again this movie just didn’t compare to the original book. The second movie they made was even worse.

Harry Potter Series
I did like the movies, but the books were just so much more superior in every single way. There was no way the directors were able to fit in every single detail into the movies, so there were quite a few bits and pieces missing in the movies which didn’t appease my inner HP nerd.
 



9 comments:

  1. I definitely loved The Hunger Games movie adaptations, though some changes irked me. Harry Potter was good for most of it... but then again, I watched the movies before reading the books (at least, the first few).

    I haven't watched any of the others though.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ One Tree Hill reference.

    Also, we disagree on Holes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with you on most of these! Actually thought the Hunger games movie was better than the book.
    And I think the Harry Potter movies are GREAT, but no, nothing will ever beat the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never watched My Sister's Keeper but it made my worst list, too. How could they have changed the ending. Seriously, somebody hands you the perfect Hollywood ending on a silver platter and then you go and change it. Rubish. I love The Princess Bride the movie and have seen it a thousand times, but haven't read the book. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about Harry Potter! I feel sorry for people who won't read the books, because they don't know what they are missing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Hunger Games, it made my list! I also love the Princess Bride, but I never read the book.

    Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list- totally agree with My Sister's Keeper-terrible!
    Kerri
    http://turnthepagereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've actually never seen The Princess Bride movie or read the book. I actually never even heard of it until I went to college. Everyone's always so surprised when I say I haven't seen it, but now it's like a thing and I feel like I can't see it, haha. I agree the second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie was weird. I get that they didn't want to make a bunch of movies, but squeezing everything together was odd.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your question "Has your boyfriend been ‘notebooked’ yet?". So many male friends eschewed The Notebook as just another "Chick Flick" but they were tearing up more than their respective girlfriends by the end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...