Saturday 9 March 2013

Feature and Follow (1)



 
 Here’s this week’s question: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?

One of my all time favorite books is the 'The Raging Quiet' by Sherryl Jordan who is a NZ author. I read it first as a kid, and have read it numerous times since, still loving it. 

It’s not overly popular and I don’t think many people have heard of it. The cover is bland and in today’s societal practice of picking the book with the most desirable cover I think it often gets overlooked. The story is a historical YA romance about a young girl who learns to communicate with a deaf boy. The boy is deemed a devil child by the town’s people because he speaks ‘in tongues’, and later the  girl stands on trial for witchcraft because she’s able to communicate with him.

 Two of the books I really didn’t enjoy was 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate and 'Halo' by Alexandra Adornetto. Both which I was sucked into reading by their beautiful covers. Although there have been many mixed reviews of these books, people either loved them or hated them. I was definitely the latter.

 Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.


12 comments:

  1. I liked Fallen, but I have been hesitant to check out Halo. I agree that people either like them or hate them. I've never heard of The Raging Quiet before! It sounds really neat though.

    New GFC Follower

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my page :)

      Yeah, everyone has such diverse taste. What works well for one, may not work for another. Although I wasn't a big fan of Fallen, I do intend to finish the series... eventually. I want to know what happens in the end! lol

      Delete
  2. New follower here. I actually enjoyed Fallen. It's the only one in the series that I have read though.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
      Yeah, I've only read the first book in the Fallen series too. But I'm going to read the others and give the series another chance.

      Delete
  3. You know, I've never actually read any of these guys!

    New follower!
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :)

      I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Your blog is too cute!
    New follower via GFC! :)

    http://owlnestlyreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your blog! Such an awesome title xD
    Here is my ff: http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a Huge Alice in Wonderland Fan. So I thought the title was fitting.

      I'll be sure to check out your FF.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, The Raging Quiet sounds very interesting.
    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its a great book. Just not a very well known one.
      I'll make sure I check out your FF :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...