Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year, New Goals!


I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years, and rang in the New Year with the one’s you love. I had a hellava New Years Eve, and am still recovering two days later XD
So in light of the New Year I thought it would be good to post about some reading resolutions for the big 2013! Looking back, I was a bit slack with reading in 2012. There were a lot of books that I didn’t get to read that I really wanted to. So this year I’ve set myself a few goals and have decided to participate in some challenges. So here they are:

  • Read 50 books this year. No matter how busy life gets, there’s always time for reading and I fell short of my goal last year.
  • Read more classics! Not enough people read classics these days, and there are quite a few (ok, heaps) that I am ashamed to say I still have not read. 

So those are my book goals for 2013, Do you have any book goals of your own, or any challenges you’re participating in? Drop me a line I'd love to hear about them :)

2 comments:

  1. O! I do need to finish some series, like The Maze Runner and Gone for instance. I sadly abandoned them for awhile. Dx (some I end up abandoning because I read all of them and the next book hasn't come out yet... such as The 13th Reality. Or almost done)
    I am gonna try for a hundred books this year in the 2013 Goodreads Challenge, as well as the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge :3
    I'm also gonna try to read SOME classics, like Alice in Wonderland. Always wanted to, lol. But then again, I might get dragged off to read other books, XD. I do need to read certain Books to Movies... before bashing the movie. (Um, not exactly bashing the movie)
    I think I babbled enough for now. ;)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm a bit of a 'movie basher' too, especially if the book was amazing and the movie does it no justice! That just peeves me off.
    I'm also planning to read Alice and Wonderland as well, and a few of the less 'hardcore' classics(I'm not really big into classics) I tend to forget about them, while trying to keep up with all the amazing new releases.

    As for completing series, I'm similar in the fact that a lot of them I'm still waiting for the final few books to be released, others the series is just too long and I had to give them a break.

    Anyway I think I have also too babbles enough. Good Luck with all your challenges this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...