Sunday 7 February 2016

January 2016 Wrap-Up



So this year I've set myself up with a pretty big task of 75 books, which is a 25 book increase on what I normally read in a year. Luckily, I kicked off January with some awesome books and made a decent dent in my TBR pile. All up I read 8 books, which I am stoked with, since I normally only manage half that in a month.


Finished

   Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes We Were Liars by E. Lockhart  Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca
The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas Pivot Point by Kasie West Split Second by Kasie West

My favorite of the month was 'Since You've Been Gone' by Morgan Matson, it was the perfect book to start the year afresh with and I'm looking forward to her new release later this year. 'The Accident Season' and 'We Were Liars' were both different reads with twists in them that kept you reading to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the 'Pivot Point' duology and even the 2nd book managed to be just as good as the first. 

'Last Year's Mistake' was probably my lowest rated book this month, while it played out one of my favorite tropes of ' best friends turned romance', the characters were difficult to like at times making their romance hard to take. I will be doing a full review of this book and comparing it to a similar book which I adored. Lastly, 'The Art of Lainey' was a great, quick romance in the same leagues as Anna and The French Kiss, which I am sure I'll re read in future summers.

Up Next In February


The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) Firsts

All I've really planned for the upcoming month is the first two books in The Winners Curse Trilogy, in anticipation for the last books release in March, and also Firsts, which is a new release this year which I've been highly awaiting. 


What books did You read in the Month of January?  Which was your favorite? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...